The spiritual order of Faqr of Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman is Sarwari Qadri order. There is a secret of Sarwari Qadri order which Shaikh Abdul Qadir Jilani revealed to his son Abdul Razzaq Jilani. In addition to his son, he also transferred it to his grandson Abdul Jabbar bin Abu Saleh Nasar. To elaborate, this secret is about the spirituality of perfect Qadri order. In fact, which is related to the vision of Allah and presence of the Mohammadan Assembly. Originally this order was known as ‘the Jabbari group’ or ‘the Jabbari Qadri order’.
Mohammad Husayn Dehlvi did meetings with the Mystics of different orders. In reference to the original name of Sarwari Qadri order, he writes the following in his book Tazkira-tul-Fuqara.
“During his travels he could not meet any Fakir of the Jabbari group”.
This is because they have always kept themselves away from the world and fame.
Simply after taking oath of allegiance directly at the sacred hand of the Holy Prophet (pbuh). Further after gaining beneficence from al-Ghawth al-Azam Shaikh Abdul Qadir Jilani.
Moreover, this order flourished in the Sub-continent through Sultan Bahoo. He also declared Sarwari Qadri order as the original and perfect Qadri order.
Off-Shoots of Qadri Order
Sultan Bahoo narrates the following off-shoots of the Qadri order. He says;
Qadri order has two off shoots;
- Sarwari Qadri
- Zahidi Qadri.
Such spiritual guide has perfect command over contemplation of Ism-e-Allah Zaat. He blesses the seeker with the spiritual education and Divine guidance through Ism-e-Allah Zaat. Then, he grants him the status equal to his own on the very first day. The seeker thus becomes indifferent and independent of all needs. In fact, his attention focuses only on the Truth. Hence, gold and soil become equal for him.
Contrary to Sarwari Qadri, the Zahidi Qadri has to devote at least twelve years to very hard mystic struggles. To an extent that the stomach of the follower of this order remains empty. After twelve years, he becomes eligible to be present before Shaikh Abdul Qadir Jilani. Then, he attains the status of a spiritually lost (Majzoob) devotee. While the status of a Sarwari Qadri is that of a beloved devotee.
Difference Between the Zahidi Qadri and Sarwari Qadri
Sultan Bahoo in Ain-ul-Faqr states the difference between the Zahidi Qadri and Sarwari Qadri in the following words;
- The Qadri way is dominant over time and space. There are two off-shoots of Qadri way, the Zahidi Qadri and Sarwari Qadri. What is the difference between the two?
Sarwari Qadri is the mystic way that the Holy Prophet granted me. He took oath of allegiance from me and commanded me to guide the men of Allah with courage. After blessing me with inward persuasion, he held my hand and entrusted me to Shaikh Abdul Qadir Jilani. He also blessed me and ordered to give spiritual persuasion to people. Afterwards, by his grace, I bestowed every seeker whom I guided thereafter physically or spiritually. Thus, through the medium of Ism-e-Allah Zaat and Ism-e-Mohammad, I bestowed all seekers with the presence of the Mohammadan Assembly. Certainly, this was done without (involving seekers in) any struggle or invocation. Then, there remained no veil between Allah and that seeker and he observed Ism-e-Allah Zaat wherever he looked.
Hence, the Sarwari Qadri way is very beneficent and courageous. While, in other mystic ways, some seekers burn to death by the blaze of Ism-e-Allah. Moreover, some cannot bear the burden of Ism-e-Allah thus retreat. While some apostatize and get cursed. (Ain-ul-Faqr)
Zahidi Qadri has to do Hard Mystic Struggles
About the mystic struggles of the Zahidi Qadri Sultan Bahoo states the following:
- Remember, there are two kinds of Sarwari Qadri ways. One is Zahidi Qadri, in which the seeker appears to be man of hard mystic struggles. He strokes his heart with loud invocation, keeps check on his innerself by reflection and remains busy in supererogatory prayers. Moreover, he spends his nights in prayers and days in fasting but has no knowledge and vision of his inward. He only pretends to be experiencing Divine states by his conversation.
Contrarily, in the Sarwari Qadri way, the perfect Fakir actually experiences the ecstatic states. These states are of Divine closeness, union and vision. Further, this Fakir can also take his disciples to the Divine company and union. Thus, blessing them with the final level of certainty gained through experience. Only such Sarwari Qadri Fakir is trustworthy because he is the killer of inciting innerself. Moreover, he is the spiritual commander who steps forward boldly in the battlefield of truth. (Mehak-ul-Faqr Kalan)
Reality of Sarwari Qadri Fakir
- Sarwari Qadri Fakir is the lion rider and dominates the al-Ghawth and al-Qutbs. Moreover, Allah blessed his Sarwari Qadri disciples and seekers to the great level. In such a way that each and everything of the universe come under their view on the very first day. The reality of Sarwari Qadri Fakir is that he can elevate the seekers of every spiritual order to the accomplished level. As all the Dervishes and perfect practitioners of other orders are imperfect and unaccomplished for him. Furthermore, the final level of all other spiritual orders cannot even touch the beginning of Sarwari Qadri order. Even if its followers perform hard mystic struggles for their entire life. The followers of this order are the true seekers and lovers of Allah who have renounced the world. In fact, union with Allah is their initial level.
Till the Doomsday, the al-Ghawth, al-Qutbs, al-Abdals, al-Autads and Saints of highest ranks will keep coming in this order. The initial and final point of this order is the same i.e. Ism-e-Allah Zaat. Whose efficacy takes the seeker to all the levels without indulging him in invocations and reflections. (Allah) has strengthened this order by sharia. Moreover, distinguished it due to the persuasion and education gained directly from the Holy Prophet. (Mehak-ul-Faqr Kalan)
Sultan Bahoo describes the status of sainthood of Shaikh Abdul Qadir Jilani as follows;
- Remember that Shaikh Abdul Qadir Jilani is born Saint and the Fakir annihilated in Allah. Also, he is the beloved of Allah, vizier of the Holy Prophet and the perfect Mystic. The Mohammadan Assembly has awarded him the following titles;
- Pir Dastgir (the spiritual guide who helps and patronizes),
- Mohiyyudin (life giver to the religion),
- Al-Ghawth at the level of inward solitude
- And al-Ghawth al-Azam (the greatest Saint who redresses others’ grievances).
Moreover, he is at the level of Divine Unity. He blesses his Sarwari Qadri disciples and seekers with Ism-e-Azam (the greatest name of Allah) on the very first day. Thus, elevate them to the level of dominant Saints and beloveds by conferring upon them the presence of Mohammadan Assembly. Indeed, the true seekers and disciples of this order having pure inward remain perpetually present in the Mohammadan Assembly. Rare in the world are such Sarwari Qadri independent Fakirs. Who are indifferent to the world and hereafter and are also men of righteous guidance and men of secret of bestowals. Undoubtedly, they surpass both the worlds in a moment and become munificent for all. For them, showing miracles and supernatural acts is sheer embarrassment. Therefore, they feel ashamed of showing them.
In short, the Sarwari Qadri Fakir focuses his sight upon the Divine Unity. Certainly, is the king who is always aware of the secrets of gnosis of Allah. (Mehak-ul-Faqr Kalan)
Description of Sarwari Qadri Order by Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen
Sultan ul Ashiqeen Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman says the following about the Sarwari Qadri order;
- In the Sarwari Qadri order, there aren’t any complexities of invocations, reflections, forty-day seclusions or holding the breath. Additionally, there is no pain of mystic struggles or confusions caused at initial levels of mystic path. (Allah has) absolved this order of apparent attire and practices of Dervishes. Moreover, the Sarwari Qadri way is disgusted of the superficial ways of the so-called spiritual guides. Such as holding the stick and chaplet, wearing gown or turban etc.
However, the specialty of this order is that the spiritual guide elevates the seeker to final level on the very first day. He does so by granting him the king of invocations (Sultan-ul-Azkar) ‘Hoo’. Along with that he grants the contemplation of Ism-e-Allah Zaat and also its inscribing practice on body. One cannot find such blessings in any other order. That is why Sultan Bahoo said the following about this way;
“The beginning of a Sarwari Qadri disciple is equal to the final level of disciples of other spiritual orders”. (Shams-ul-Fuqara)
Lineage of Sarwari Qadri order
The lineage of Sarwari Qadri order reaches Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman in following steps;
1. Prophet Mohammad
2. Ali ibn Abi Talib
3. Shaikh Hasan of Basra
4. Shaikh Habib Ajmi
5. Shaikh Dawud Tai
6. Shaikh Maroof Karkhi
7. Shaikh Sirri Saqti
8. Shaikh Junayd of Baghdad
9. Shaikh Jafar Abu Bakr Shibli
10. Shaikh Abdul Aziz bin Hars bin Asad Tamimi
11. Shaikh Abu-al-Fazal Abdul Wahid Tamimi
12. Shaikh Mohammad Yousaf Abu-al-Farrah Tartusi
13. Shaikh Abu Al-Hasan Ali Bin Mohammad Qureshi Hankari
14. Abu Saeed Mubarak Makhzoomi
15. al-Ghawth al-Azam Shaikh Abdul Qadir Jilani
16. Shaikh Sayyid Abdul Razzaq Jilani
17. Shaikh Sayyid Abdul Jabbar Jilani
18. Shaikh Sayyid Mohammad Sadiq Yahya
19. Shaikh Sayyid Najmuddin Burhan Puri
20. Shaikh Sayyid Abdul Fattah
21. Shaikh Sayyid Abdul Sattar
22. Shaikh Sayyid Abdul Baqqa
23.Shaikh Sayyid Abdul Jaleel
24. Shaikh Sayyid Abdul Rehman Jilani Dehlvi
25.Sultan-ul-Arifeen Sultan Bahoo
26. Sultan-ul-Tarikeen Sultan Sayyid Mohammad Abdullah Shah Madni Jilani
27.Sultan-ul-Sabireen Sultan Pir Mohammad Abdul Ghafoor Shah Hashmi Qureshi
28. Shahbaz-e-Arifaan Sultan Pir Sayyid Mohammad Bahadur Ali Shah Kazmi al-Mashhadi
29. Sultan-ul-Auliya Sultan Mohammad Abdul Aziz
30.Sultan-ul-Faqr VI Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali
31. Sultan-ul-Ashiqeen Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman